Saturday, February 2, 2013

Quotes about life

I just found a site which has all sorts of quotes, some that you may know and some you don't; you can research a particular author or subject or just browse:  it is called thinkexist.com.

The quote below that I found there is synchronistically a follow-on from my thinking about the post of 31st January, which was -
"In this week's Sunday newspaper I read an article about how the author feels guilty for not wanting to go off and do adventurous activities on her holidays, "

because sometimes we forget that what we were doing, was exactly what we wanted to do at that time, and it's only later that we wonder why we didn't do such-and-such instead.
The quote is
“No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. None of this matters. We're just warming up.”
 Chuck Palahniuk quotes (American freelance Journalist, Satirist and Novelist. b.1961)from 

If I'm feeling restless, dissatisfied or that old one, like there was a page in life that I seem to have skipped somehow, I find nature to be very soothing, and puts me back on track - or at least accepting that there is a track even if I can't find it right now.  I will go out looking for a feather.  In this photo I made a feather in the shape of feathers .....
A feather made of feathers, stitched to hand-dyed sheeting ©Christine Linton
I'm going to start collecting together my favourite inspirational quotes - I have put a few in lately in my blog posts including my own such as

No comments:

Post a Comment