Thursday, February 14, 2013

Upcycling to a wedding dress

Listening to the radio this afternoon, while having a break from pinning net (a whole different story), I was actually reading but my ears pricked up when I heard the words "bread tags" - regular readers will know I collect them to upcycle them into art.  Apparently this lady, Stephanie Watson, from Victoria here in Australia, made her wedding dress from 10,000 bread tags - cool!  Look at this link bread tags to see the story.  Apparently she has been collecting them for 10 years, though she did use some unused ones according to the story on radio.  I think it shows real flair to use them for a wedding dress and I was surprised that the machine needle went through them.  Well done Stephanie!

I prefer to use mine curled up with a heat gun so they become beads, like this:
Bread tag beads ©Christine Linton
Safety first: Wear a mask against the fumes and heatproof gloves against the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment