Monday, November 12, 2012

Another face

After looking through my Dye Unit Folder for more inspiration, I found this mop-up cloth - originally a piece of calico dyed with leftover orangey dye, then I used it to mop up all the little bits of dye left around inside my containers.  I didn't see the face until I heat-set it with the iron.  By the way, if you have an old iron it is better to use that for heat-setting dyed or painted cloth, otherwise you are forever cleaning your iron before using it on your best white blouse - and there's always a dot of red left behind on the iron from the dye or paint anyway, no matter how much you clean it!
Squinting Face

After looking through my "Faces" posts, I looked to see what else I could find online about faces - here is a post about an artist "Terry Grant"  painting faces on art quilts.  It is from 2005 but still rather interesting.  The second link shows some more of this artist's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment