Saturday, May 17, 2014

Embellishments

I like incorporating natural materials into my art, and I have collected some gum nuts of two types, and some small pine cones from Casuarina (Silky Oak).  My plan is to drill holes and hang them from ?something?  Before drilling I decided to paint them with gouache - I find that things painted with acrylic paint tend to stick to each other.
painted seeds©Christine Linton
These will decorate a largish item; the smaller gum nuts could possibly embellish a journal but the large pine cone, although only about the size of a thumbnail, would be too heavy for small or light artworks. And they are not flat enough to use inside a journal or book.

To see an inspired use of found objects in a hand-made journal of Cornwall, see Under a Topaz Sky blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment