This is a photo of the front cover for my "Albatrosses & Archaeopteryx" journal. I completed this for my major final project for Cert 3 Visual Arts (Textiles) which I have just finished. During the time I was working on this project, I became very interested in textile art journals and making books and journals of all types, and plan to continue this interest next year when working on Cert 4. I will show some more of this journal later. The concept for the journal is the way that our way of life affects birds; the cover shows bits of litter, especially plastic, caught up in the net around the albatross heads. The net is lace made on the sewing machine. The heads are lino-printed on organza and calico layered which I dyed. The beads on the spine are made of painted recycled paper scraps.